Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Training Bra Help Needed on Isle 9



You know there are actually times when I feel bad for my children.  This does not happen often but it has happened before.  

My husband Mickey had children so he would have someone to tease.  Not one of my children have escaped his small and sometimes rather large tortures.  Today one such event came to mind and I decided the truth needs to be told. 

A few years ago Mickey and I decided to go shopping at a local store that is one of those stores that has food, as well as, other goods such as clothing, housewares, and odds and ends.  We loaded up the three youngest kids and a couple of the older ones.  One of the older kids that decided to come with us that day was our daughter Sid.  She thought it sounded fun.  Little did she know.

While we were shopping Mickey and I wandered over to the clothing area of the store with the children in tow.  Sid was about 14 at the time and in Junior high.  

As you all know, this is an age when kids are trying to establish some self confidence.  In our family this is the age when you have the perfect opportunity to embarrass your kids and it's not even that difficult. 

Mickey never misses a good opportunity to embarrass someone.  Remember this when you are in his company.

Anyway, while browsing in the clothing department we just happened upon the women's underwear section and in particular the bra section.  As we moved through the underwear section I glanced at Mickey and saw a familiar look on his face.  It's what I would call a stinky grin.  Right in the middle of the bra section was a counter with the register and a microphone behind the counter that employees...let me repeat....employees use to make announcements over the PA.  Don't mind that Mickey spied the microphone and immediately went behind the counter to pick it up and make an announcement.  


Poor unsuspecting Sid was just following the family through the underwears and bras when she saw her dad pick up the microphone from behind the counter and in horror heard the following over the PA, "Can I please get some help finding a training bra for my daughter, Sid Taylor, in isle 9?"


Visual Aid of the post 
Sid launched herself behind the counter and charged at Mickey like a buzz saw.  Mickey, being only 6 inches taller than Sid and weighing 100 pounds more than my 14 year old daughter, ran from her and almost into a post.


Now let me explain this post.  I'm not exactly sure what the post was for or why it was placed in Mickey's escape route but it was about 12 feet tall  and about the size of a tether ball post and it had a wooden platform that it was screwed into.  The platform was about a 12 inch square and was not attached to anything but rather just sitting on the floor.


Well, as Mickey ran he barely saw the post in time and put his arms out to avoid running into it.  Instead he just grabbed the post and pushed it forward thus raising one side of the platform a few inches off of the ground.


More visual aid
With his catlike reflexes and while in flight from Sid he stepped down on the platform with his foot which in turn pulled the post towards his face as it snapped back into place.  


As the post righted itself it smacked Mickey right behind the ear hole producing a golf ball sized bump.  
The last visual aid


Aahhhh............It was a thing of beauty.  I guess the only thing I could say is "What goes around, comes around to hit you in the hear hole."


Sid felt a lot better after seeing the rather large goose egg form behind his ear.


I stood there with the other kids and enjoyed the whole event.  


Sid never did get her training bra assistance that day.










2 comments:

  1. I can't stop laughing. You guys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From now on, please don't use actual photos. I much prefer your illustrations. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete