Monday, October 4, 2010

Good dog!

                                           I have two dogs.  Wilson and Ralph. 

                            Wilson is a 3 pound tiny toy poodle.



Ralph is a standard poodle who likes to be a deep thinker in the mornings after his walk.


 I love my dogs.  I have been accused by my family that I love my dogs more than them.  Sometimes I do love my dogs more.  They love me ALWAYS and they don't talk.

My dogs are pampered for sure.  The little one Wilson has a cushy bed with a hot pad in it because he gets cold. Below is Ralph trying to sleep in Wilsons bed with Wilsons hotpad.


Anyone that knows me knows that I have tendencies towards OCD.  I like things organized and clean and because of this my dogs get a shampoo and condition every single week.  I like my dogs to smell fresh and "no dingleberries" are permitted. Poodles don't shed and they don't drool.  Poodles are the perfect dog for me.  They are smart and they do well with kids.  I don't like the poodle cut so my dogs are shaved down completely twice a year and then they grow out until we shave them again.  This usually takes place in the spring and fall.

My grand daughter, Sammie, loves dogs.  She has a Yorkie Poo named patch.  I love Patch too.  We call Sammie the dog whisperer because she bosses the dogs like no other but at the same time she is really good with them.

Sammie loves Ralph so much that when I give her a bath Ralph joins in.  This is handy for me.  I kill two birds with one stone.  And don't worry, we finish this bath with fresh water for Sammie.  (That's my OCD screaming at me!)


Sometimes I put clothes on my dogs.  I have realized this causes anger with some dog owners.....
I still dress them anyway.


Wilson has to wear booties in the freezing cold or his pads freeze and that's no joke.



This is Harley Wilson.  I used to have scooters and this was his scoot outfit. Guess what the things on his eyes are called......yes Doggles!
Isn't this fun!



                                  Aww, who couldn't love this face.

I also hike with my dogs and they love it.

Just look at the joy on their faces!



You know sometimes people start to look like their dogs.
These are my sons with their dogs.  Nuff said!



My dogs even do tricks.  They sit, high five and shake.  Ralph has a really special trick........he smiles!  Isn't this awesome! This is Ralph smiling at you!



Ok now on to the really good part of the story.  Wilson is a highly trained tiny toy poodle.  He sleeps with me at night.  He's about the size of a hampster so you hardly know he's there.  Well if at any time during the night my husband reaches so much as his little finger and touches any part of me, then Wilson growls and then snaps at him.


This is my husband, looking at me like "are you kidding?"



It is so fun to watch Wilson snap at my husband that my friend Heather comes over just to be see this entertaining event.


See why I love this dog?  I'm sure all the women of this world know what my response to this behavior of Wilsons is.........

Of course I pat him.......and tell him "good doggie"




1 comment:

  1. That is why I love patch too! Just wish I could have two dogs... or at least max and madis have one and we have patch.

    ReplyDelete