Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fudge jumblies month anyone?

October is breast cancer awareness month.  My family has a "thing" for breasts, boys and girls alike. 

My favorite thing about breasts is all the names people have for them.  My family mostly refers to them as boosies".  I love that name. However we've been known to call them hooters, jugs, mamba wambas, boobies, chesters, the girls, breastubles, headlights, knockers, breasticles, melons, tatters, jumblies, tatas, and my least favorite name, mammaries.

There are also names for just the nipples.  (PS I still can't say the whole nip word outloud).  High beams, neeners, artesians are all great but my personal favorite is fudge jumblies.  My husband calls them "the end part". 

My families fascination with breasts is somewhat odd but accepted.  The girls in the family will honk, pinch or poke each other at any given time.  The boys just stare.
Our fixation with this body part sometimes carries over into our recreational activities.  


This is Mickey protecting his end parts from sun exposure. (You wouldn't want to burn those bad boys.)



Jensine, on the other hand, has built herself a hooter sand castle. You will note the detail of the nipages.


When we open presents at Christmas, we never throw away the bows.  We wear them.


Whitey chose to wear a seaweed bikini at the beach one year.  That year he was a total chick magnet. 

Now that Whitey is grown and has his own daughter........


He chooses to adorn her chesters with coconuts.  I think Whitey likes to dress up his loved ones breastubles in organic and all natural materials. 



This is me wearing a nice birthday apron my sister gave to me.  The eggs squeak when you push on them.  Apparently the fascination with tatters extends beyond my immediate family.

 To be honest, I believe I have a subconscious melon fetish too.  For my twins 16th birthday I baked them their own cakes but wanted to make these special fudge filled bundt cakes.  I was not about to whip up two gianormous bundts so I made the smaller ones.  When I finished the cakes I set them on the counter side by side.  Do these resemble jumblies?  They even have an end part thanks to the candle.

I gave the twins their cakes (praying that my son wouldn't make a connection between the cake and knockers).



PS. Check out Mickey Marvin's face.  Is he stoned or just trying to figure out what the cake is reminding him of?

I'm off now to go squeeze, I mean crack some eggs. 




Written in honor of my grandma Barker who died from breast cancer and my mom who is a breast cancer survivor.   Go get your mammograms!

2 comments:

  1. Sammie is sure sporting the coconuts well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did your sister get that apron from? I have been trying to find one like that everywhere!

    ReplyDelete